Guide Program

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Guide Enrolment & Talent Show

We held our enrolment ceremony and talent show on November 12th. The first half of the meeting was spent setting up chairs and rehearsing the enrolment ceremony. Parents were invited to return at 7.30pm and each family was given a program created by our 'back stage crew' the week before.

The ceremony began with a short "Key" ceremony. Each enrolled Guide came up, one at a time, and placed a key on a coloured board (the girls opened a door made of a folded piece of paper and placed their key inside the open doorway) and read out a short piece about one of the program areas in Guiding.
The Guiding program is based on 6 key areas. Girls in all branches of the program have the opportunity to explore, experiment, and learn through activities based on these keys.
Arts - I use my key to ope the door to the Arts. As a Guide I can explore my creativity through drama, drawing, games, crafts, dance and music.
STEM - I use my key to open the door to STEM. As a Guide I can experiment with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
Camping & Outdoors - I use my key to open the door to Camping and the Outdoors. As a Guide I can go on overnight adventures, take part in outdoor activities, and explore the natural environment.
Service & Community - I use my key to open the door to Service and My Community. As a Guide I can give back to my community and make a difference in the world.
World Guiding - I use my key to open the door to World Guiding. As a Guide I have 10 million sisters in 145 different countries and I can learn about cultures, the lives of girls, and Guiding around the world.
Personal Growth - I use my key to open the door to Personal Growth. As a Guide I can practice skills I'll need in the future like communication, leadership, problem solving and teamwork.

 We then proceeded with the enrolment ceremony and welcomed 10 new Guides to our Guiding family.
 

Following the enrolment ceremony, we began our Talent Show. Our performances were:
  • Dance Routine by McKenzie
  • Gymnastics by Grace
  • Abstract Drawings by Sophie
  • Hula Hooping by Olivia, assisted by Olivia
  • Magic Tricks by Megan, assisted by Ally
 Everyone did a great job and the show was a success!